Monday Munchies...

There's a Jewish holiday coming up, most classically associated with cheesecake and lots of dairy.  I'm looking forward to hosting a meal with friends, and I'm so excited to make a dairy meal for a change.  I was brainstorming all the possibilities, as I'm looking to add in some new items to my standard dairy meal.  And then it hit me, waffles!  I just bought a waffle iron, and this is the perfect opportunity to break it in.  


Classic Belgian Waffles

Classic Belgian Waffles 
2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, separated
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cups milk

In one bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.  In another bowl beat egg yolks and sugar until sugar is dissolved and eggs are pale yellow in color.  Add in vanilla, butter, and milk and whisk.  Combine the two bowls and mix until just blended, being careful not to over mix.  In a third bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, usually one minute.  Fold the egg whites into the batter, careful not to over mix.  Coat the waffle iron with non-stick spray, and pour enough batter in-only covering the grid.  Cook per waffle iron instructions, about 2-3 minutes.  

Because I can't use the waffle iron on the holiday, I'm going to attempt to make them ahead of time, freeze, and then defrost.  

But, I can't wait tor the best part! The waffle bar!  

Some ingredients I plan on using: 
homemade caramel sauce
chocolate syrup
chocolate chips
white chocolate chips 
whipped cream
sprinkles
mini marshmallows 
blueberries
raspberries
strawberries
shredded coconut  

Waffle Bar | Meals.com - Waffles aren't just for breakfast any more! A waffle bar is great any time – for breakfast, dessert or a late night snack. Make it extra fun by challenging guests to get out of their comfort zones a bit and try toppings like cranberry, brie and bacon . . . mmm-mm.:
This is a good guide to setting up your waffle bar 

Waffle-Party

Who knew you could make waffles out of cake mix?!? That sounds delicious!


A good theme for this time of year...

Wedding waffle bar:

I think I found the theme of my next party! 

Happy Eating!

No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz