Monitoring Appointment #1

There have been plenty of moments recently that have made me take a moment and realize that no matter what, there's so much to be grateful for.  Of course, in typical fashion, I'm preparing for heartbreak, but hoping for the best! 
We all have struggles, but they all come together to make us the beautiful people we are. 
Train yourself to find the blessing in everything. Check out the link below to find out how in under 24hrs! http://positiveaffirmationsandthinking.com/2014/12/29/top-10-positive-affirmations-for-women/:  

I was supposed to be on birth control (did I mention it is mint, and chewable?!?)  for three weeks, but my period decided to grace it's presence a week early.  I called and was told to come in anyway just to assess what was going on.  My lining is thin, but ironically the original cyst is gone, but an even bigger one has grown on the opposite ovary.  In hindsight I'm realizing that my general lack of comfort and bloating was most likely from the cyst.  As of now, I'm to continue the birth control, skip the placebo pills, and go back next Thursday to check on it.  If it shrunk, it can be left alone, but if it is still there-then it'll be drained that morning. Apparently all I need are three extra strength Tylenol to survive! 

On Tuesday March 22 I go back for my endometrial biospy, and the polyp removal.  Again, three extra strength Tylenol will take the edge off.  I'm mostly ok with the pain, but I have had a couple bad experiences in the past where thinking about the pain I'm in and how I got there makes me almost pass out.  So I know I will need to take time to recover.  I've also had an endometrial biopsy before and it hurts like hell. In fact, it hurt so much that I pushed myself back which prevented my doctor from getting an adequate sample.  Knowing what I have to look forward to makes the anticipation a lot worse!  

My projected schedule is as follows: 
March 21-begin Lupron
April 4, blood work and ultrasound
April 4/5-begin wearing estrogen patches 
April 8-blood test and ultrasound 
There will be more monitoring and medication, but the exact dates are unknown.  
Transfer is April 25/26-as long as things go as planned. 

For now, there is still plenty of time until the transfer, with much to focus on! 


No comments

Post a Comment

Website + Branding Design by Christi Fultz